All Kiss of the Wolf is hand-painted and hand-finished using the finest material and resulting in the highest quality. They are made to travel the world and designed for timelessness.
With proper care, these garments will last for many years to come. These instructions will hep you protect your investment.
When “the Wolf” arrives
We meticulously iron each piece before shipping but it is the nature of folding & shipping that your garments will have a few wrinkles. Hanging your garment before wearing it will help remove any creases. For stubborn creases use a warm iron on the silk setting (a medium low) and a small amount of steam.
- All Kiss of the Wolf garments may be dry cleaned.
- Always take your garments to a dry cleaner that you trust.
- Ask them not to press your garments because industrial ironing can stretch the crinkle silk.
- NEVER ALLOW THE CLEANERS TO USE SPOT REMOVER. These chemicals can strip the Kiss of the Wolf dyes.
All quilted & lined garments MUST be dry cleaned ONLY
Kiss of the Wolf jackets, coats, vests, and some separates are quilted with batting. The batting and the lining will shrink if washed with soap and water. The un-quilted separates and other single layer garments may either be washed by hand or dry cleaned.
- Gently submerse the silk garment in tepid water with a mild soap. It is normal that some of the color will bleed. Soak the garment briefly.
- For the removal of oil-based stains use a de-greasing dish detergent like Dawn Dish Liquid. Put a little right on the stain and rub gently with your finger to saturate the stained area. Swish briefly in the tepid soapy water.
- Gently squeeze the garment to rid it of excess water.
- Rinse in cool water until the soap residue is gone. Gently squeeze to rid of excess water.
- Roll the garment gently in an old towel, then lay flat to air dry.
- When the garment is dry, you may use a warm iron on the silk setting with a little steam to lightly press your garment. Always press following the grain of the crinkle silk.
Hand washing is for un-quilted & unlined, single layer garments only.
By using these instructions many food stains and other spots can be removed with hand washing.
If a piece stretches through normal wear or from a dry cleaners that has pressed your garment, then hand washing will help restore the texture of the crinkle silk.
For storage of all Kiss of the Wolf silk garments we suggest that you gently roll the item, then store in a drawer or on a shelf. Even the jackets and coats benefit from rolling, especially for long term seasonal storage, so that the shoulders do not get stretched from the hanger. Store scarves gently rolled in the direction of the crinkle.